Experiments are accompanied by appropriate multiphysics simulations, through the most powerful computer system in Greece for scientific applications ARIS (Advanced Research Information System).
- Simulations using finite elements for the laser interaction with matter and / or plasma (Transition from solid phase to plasma phase, Material processing, Laser-assisted machining)
- Plasma Hydrodynamic / Magnetohydrodynamic simulations
- Modeling of Z-Pinch and X-Pinch devices through coupled finite element and magnetohydrodynamic simulations (Transition from solid phase to plasma phase, Study of plasma instabilities, evolution of jets)
- Plasma laser interaction simulations via particle cell simulations (Particle acceleration from gaseous targets and solid targets)
- Machining/manufacturing simulations
- Simulations of optoacoustic phenomena and vibration problems